Noun(1) the case expressing ownership
Adjective(1) serving to express or indicate possession(2) desirous of owning(3) having or showing a desire to control or dominate
(1) They can be used as components of compounds, but if they are used on their own they must be used with possessive prefixes.(2) If we were not greedy, possessive creatures why would we need a means to measure our worth?(3) She is very possessive of polar paraphernalia.(4) Now, in some relationships certain parties are very possessive of their partner.(5) She had lot of people who claimed her attention but later on a particular man became more possessive of her and she stopped entertaining others.(6) He said yesterday: ├ö├ç├┐I have no doubt David loved Ann very much, but it was a possessive and jealous love.├ö├ç├û(7) The mania type of love can be characterized as obsessive in that it is possessive and dependent.(8) We all know that in English you form the possessive by adding an apostrophe.(9) That kiss was like nothing I had felt before and not in a nice way, it was possessive , aggressive and demanding├ö├ç┬¬ it scared me.(10) The men looked away hurriedly when they looked upon the Princess's beauty, and possessive wives quickly drew their husband's attention.(11) And that's typically what happens where a mother may be very, very possessive of that child.(12) A woman can be very possessive about personal accessories.(13) An eagle is possessive and once it has caught a fox it will not let go.(14) There were a lot of books that were in the children's names that were burnt, and children are very possessive of their things.(15) He was overly possessive , and he freaked if I mentioned another guy's name.(16) Retrograde Scorpio Venus tends to showcase the acquisitive, possessive , less lovely traits of the Tauran shadow.
(1) possessive adjective :: ìní ajẹtífù
(2) possessive pronoun :: ìní arọpò orúkọ
(3) possessive pronouns :: ìní an
(4) possessive case :: ìní nla
(5) possessive determiner :: ìní determiner
(6) possessive particle :: ìní patiku
1. proprietorial ::
3. controlling ::
5. jealous ::
6. clingy ::
7. genitive case ::
8. genitive ::
9. possessive case ::
possessive, possessively, possessiveness, possessives
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
No, he did it because he's
POSSESSIVE and jealous.
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 14
English to Yoruba Dictionary: possessive
Meaning and definitions of possessive, translation in Yoruba
language for possessive with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of possessive in Yoruba and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'possessive'
What possessive means in Yoruba, possessive meaning
in Yoruba, possessive
definition, examples and pronunciation
of possessive in Yoruba language.