Adjective(1) (usually followed by `to'(2) have the skills and qualifications to do things well(3) having inherent physical or mental ability or capacity(4) having a strong healthy body
(1) You need to have a strong squad to be able to compete in the top half of the Premiership.(2) we'll help you as much as we're able(3) she's able to use the new system(4) It is not known if any of the riders will be able to compete at the top level again.(5) They are allowed one magazine and they might be able to earn the right to have a book.(6) We have had a really hard year and I would have never been able to afford to pay for it.(7) It seems just wonderful to be able to take pictures of anything you want and post it.(8) In some ways not being able to drive now is analogous to not being able to read a century ago.(9) The translation was made by an array of the most able scholars and poets of the time.(10) The morning journey was relaxing and I was able to read a lot that will help me at work.(11) Mark has just started to be able to take a few steps but will never have full mobility again.(12) When you add in council tax and other bills we know we wouldn't be able to afford that.(13) She was able to break free and punch one of the men when two passersby came to her aid.(14) she's very able(15) I saw this movie on t.v. years and years ago and have yet to be able to find it in a video store.(16) He may not have been able to afford the art at the galleries but he met the people who could.
(1) be able to :: ni anfani lati
(2) be able :: ni anfani
(3) to be able :: lati wa ni anfani
(4) able-bodied :: anfani-bodied
(5) not able to :: ko ni anfani lati
(6) not be able to :: ko ni le ni anfani lati
(7) be able to do :: ni anfani lati se
(8) be able to see :: ni anfani lati wo
(9) able to see :: anfani lati wo
1. capable of ::
o lagbara ti
2. intelligent ::
3. able-bodied ::
4. capable ::
1. incompetent ::
2. inept ::
3. poor ::
4. unfit ::
5. unqualified ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
If we're friends,
we should be ABLE to talk about anything.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 9
I was ABLE to take
an effective shot.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 3
Yeah, but you wouldn't be ABLE
to talk to yourself.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 2
Or it will take on a life of its own
and you won't be ABLE to control it
Game of Thrones Season 8, Episode 4
Everything's going to change.
Howard won't be ABLE to come over as much.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 16
English to Yoruba Dictionary: able
Meaning and definitions of able, translation in Yoruba language for able with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of able in Yoruba and in English language.
Tags for the entry "able"
What able means in Yoruba, able meaning in Yoruba, able definition, examples and pronunciation of able in Yoruba language.