Noun(1) the quality of being able to perform; a quality that permits or facilitates achievement or accomplishment(2) possession of the qualities (especially mental qualities
(1) the manager had lost his ability to motivate the players(2) a man of exceptional ability(3) Mario Jardel has the potential and the ability to become a Bolton Wanderers hero.(4) I'd never seen her in a show before, so I had no idea the extent of her ability .(5) a woman of her ability(6) they'll examine your ability to pay(7) he has great ability as a teacher(8) This indicates that differences in the rate of accumulation of economic knowledge due to natural ability do not exist.(9) His only interests were games - he was of average ability in football and cricket.(10) Many sources cited in the book pay tribute to his ability to include others, to lead.(11) I'm convinced that he possesses the individual technical ability to be in the France team.(12) Making soup requires very little in the way of culinary skills apart from an ability to chop vegetables.(13) It was, in its own way, a triumph: the message of a voiceless woman who never lost her ability to speak.(14) You possess the ability to back your strong imagination with will and action.(15) He has skills and knowledge and an ability to work all over the world that the older men simply don't have.(16) All you are paying for is the ability to say that you've seen it early.
(1) cognitive ability :: imo agbara
(2) lack of ability :: aini ti agbara
(3) ability to pay :: agbara lati san
(4) physical ability :: ti ara agbara
(5) technical ability :: imọ agbara
(6) natural ability :: adayeba agbara
(7) mental ability :: opolo agbara
(8) artistic ability :: iṣẹ ọna agbara
(9) ability to work :: agbara lati sise
(10) ability level :: agbara ipele
1. capacity ::
2. talent ::
3. power ::
1. disability ::
2. inability ::
3. incapacity ::
4. ineptitude ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
...whose ABILITY to comprehend
the American idiom...
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 4
lack the ABILITY to
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 13
My ABILITY to think
is my bread and butter.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 22
The ear's ABILITY to elicit paranoia.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 8
...the ABILITY to hold one's liquor
and throw darts, separately or together.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 5
English to Yoruba Dictionary: ability
Meaning and definitions of ability, translation in Yoruba language for ability with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of ability in Yoruba and in English language.
Tags for the entry "ability"
What ability means in Yoruba, ability meaning in Yoruba, ability definition, examples and pronunciation of ability in Yoruba language.