Noun(1) the outer boundary of an artifact or a material layer constituting or resembling such a boundary(2) the extended two-dimensional outer boundary of a three-dimensional object(3) the outermost level of the land or sea(4) a superficial aspect as opposed to the real nature of something(5) information that has become public(6) a device that provides reactive force when in motion relative to the surrounding air; can lift or control a plane in flight
Verb(1) come to the surface(2) put a coat on; cover the surface of; furnish with a surface(3) appear or become visible; make a showing
Adjective(1) on the surface
(1) Then it held more surface water than a flat roof.(2) It is universally understood that heaving a major portion of your body over the surface of the water is a tough thing to do.(3) trouble is never far from the surface here(4) Avoid installing directly under trees where leaves will clutter the surface of the pond.(5) Testing surface ships by submarines is just one of the facets of RIMPAC 04.(6) Assemble the table on a level surface , turn the top wheel upside down and place the seat wheel on top of it.(7) Mixing takes place in the cascading surface layer as falling particles collide and are buried by later arrivals.(8) This partitioning will reduce the equilibrium molar fraction of cholesterol in the surface layers.(9) Obviously violence is there just under the surface in every society.(10) Anti-submarine warfare is an area where the advantage swings between the surface fleet and the submerged boats.(11) Her father had saved it since the smooth, flat surface was still workable.(12) I'm sure some pictures will surface soon.(13) Mulching is a simple process of covering the soil surface with materials to prevent direct evaporation of soil moisture.(14) She was veiled in a dark cloak, billowing around her slim body and skimming the surface of the water.(15) don't touch the glass surface(16) Untouched wild places have now shrunk to one-sixth of the Earth's land surface .
(1) surface area :: dada agbegbe
(2) surface tension :: dada ẹdọfu
(3) on the surface :: lori dada
(4) smooth surface :: dan dada
(5) surface mail :: dada mail
(6) scratch the surface :: ibere awọn dada
(7) work surface :: iṣẹ dada
(8) inner surface :: akojọpọ dada
(9) surface runoff :: dada ayangbehin
1. superficial ::
2. outside ::
3. outward appearance ::
4. counter ::
5. airfoil ::
6. open ::
8. come to the surface ::
wa si dada
9. emerge ::
11. rise up ::
13. coat ::
1. inside ::
2. interior ::
subsurface, surface, surfaced, surfaces, surfacing
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Erase the hard drives, grab the tapes, wipe
our fingerprints off every SURFACE and run.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 8
what do you say we get back
to SURFACE tension of domain walls?
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 10
...as the SURFACE of
an n-dimensional superfluid.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 23
in the Earth's
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 3
...with silicone RTV
to provide a better mounting SURFACE?
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 18
English to Yoruba Dictionary: surface
Meaning and definitions of surface, translation in Yoruba language for surface with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of surface in Yoruba and in English language.
Tags for the entry "surface"
What surface means in Yoruba, surface meaning in Yoruba, surface definition, examples and pronunciation of surface in Yoruba language.