Noun(1) a party of people assembled to promote sociability and communal activity
Adjective(1) relating to human society and its members(2) living together or enjoying life in communities or organized groups(3) relating to or belonging to or characteristic of high society(4) composed of sociable people or formed for the purpose of sociability(5) tending to move or live together in groups or colonies of the same kind(6) marked by friendly companionship with others
(1) Let them hear from you with your ideas on how social and community problems can be tackled.(2) Various models have been presented to account for division of labor in social insects.(3) ├ö├ç├┐Women are not marrying for social status or financial security any more,├ö├ç├û he said.(4) Money, social status, talent, opportunity and chance all define the contours of our inequality.(5) No job was ever too big for Alvina to tackle, and at the end of a long day she still had energy for the social activities she so greatly enjoyed.(6) A portion of the money raised will be donated to various civil rights and social organizations.(7) Class was defined as the individual's social status based partly on economic factors.(8) what are the social effects of computers?(9) He was also the founder of a number of educational and social organizations.(10) social class(11) It seems that our perceptions of beauty are determined largely by our perceptions of social status.(12) His diaries indicated he is aware of the social crises in his community and does something about them.(13) Chimps are social animals and live in groups of up to 80 where food is plentiful.(14) My social status among my friends rocketed as I was the only one with my own television.(15) You should feel proud of yourself for not being shallow and liking someone for social status or looks.(16) In other words, weblogs create particular spaces and times in which social activity may, and does, occur.
(1) social studies :: eko igbesi awon omo eniyan
(2) social worker :: awujo Osise
(3) social science :: awujo Imọ
(4) social work :: awujo ise
(5) social security :: owo baba
(6) social life :: awujo aye
(7) social network :: awujo nẹtiwọki
(8) social skills :: awujo ogbon
(9) social welfare :: awujo iranlọwọ
(10) social status :: awujo ipo
1. communal ::
2. recreational ::
3. gregarious ::
4. societal ::
5. party ::
6. mixer ::
1. antisocial ::
asocial, nonsocial, social, socialist, socialists, socialization, socialize, socializes, socially, socials, unsocial
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
It's a SOCIAL dance from Austria...
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 21
To spare me the SOCIAL embarrassment
of having a drug-addled first cousin.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 10
...with a girl who suffers from SOCIAL
anxiety, she can't be around other people.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 18
One has to navigate
a labyrinth of SOCIAL nonsense...
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 3
Not to mention
the impact on our SOCIAL circle.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 16
English to Yoruba Dictionary: social
Meaning and definitions of social, translation in Yoruba language for social with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of social in Yoruba and in English language.
Tags for the entry "social"
What social means in Yoruba, social meaning in Yoruba, social definition, examples and pronunciation of social in Yoruba language.