Noun(1) wood of any of various chestnut trees of the genus Castanea(2) any of several attractive deciduous trees yellow-brown in autumn; yield a hard wood and edible nuts in a prickly bur(3) edible nut of any of various chestnut trees of the genus Castanea(4) the brown color of chestnuts(5) a small horny callus on the inner surface of a horse's leg(6) a dark golden-brown or reddish-brown horse
Adjective(1) (of hair or feathers
(1) Her cheeks were pale and veined with dark tear-tracks, her eyes, usually a beautiful deep chestnut , were red and swollen.(2) Some authors have suggested that their flavour and texture are comparable with those of the chestnut or cashew nut.(3) The Chinese chestnut , C. mollissima, has been cultivated in China for at least as long as its European counterpart, and used in much the same way: dried, roasted, or made into meal.(4) She flung her deep chestnut hair away from her eyes.(5) Her long, curly chestnut hair fell across her face as she thought.(6) She had a sweet smile, and her light olive skin went with deep, chestnut hair.(7) The chestnut colt moved up three wide to take the lead into the first turn and was clear by two lengths as he covered the first quarter in: 23.28.(8) The small chestnut patches on its shoulders are not always visible.(9) The chestnut filly worked in company on Wednesday, pleasing him with her effort.(10) One had beautiful red hair and looked quite boisterous and the other had chestnut coloured hair and she looked serious and sophisticated.(11) When they removed their hats, they revealed identical chestnut hair, neatly parted in the center.(12) Berndon was looking at a chestnut mare with a black mane and tail and took out some coins to pay for it.(13) The American chestnut was once the most common canopy tree in the deciduous forests of the eastern United States.(14) The chestnut mare has won 17 of 24 career starts and has earned $4,079,820.(15) The chestnut colt earned $1,009,920 for his biggest lifetime victory and instantly became a millionaire.(16) The chestnut filly was bred in Kentucky.
(1) water chestnut :: omi chestnut
(2) horse chestnut :: ẹṣin chestnut
(3) sweet chestnut :: dun chestnut
(4) chestnut tree :: chestnut igi
(5) chestnut-brown :: chestnut-brown
1. chestnut tree ::
English to Yoruba Dictionary: chestnut
Meaning and definitions of chestnut, translation in Yoruba language for chestnut with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of chestnut in Yoruba and in English language.
Tags for the entry "chestnut"
What chestnut means in Yoruba, chestnut meaning in Yoruba, chestnut definition, examples and pronunciation of chestnut in Yoruba language.