Noun(1) sloping land (especially the slope beside a body of water(2) a financial institution that accepts deposits and channels the money into lending activities(3) a long ridge or pile(4) an arrangement of similar objects in a row or in tiers(5) a supply or stock held in reserve for future use (especially in emergencies(6) the funds held by a gambling house or the dealer in some gambling games(7) a slope in the turn of a road or track; the outside is higher than the inside in order to reduce the effects of centrifugal force(8) a container (usually with a slot in the top(9) a building in which the business of banking transacted(10) a flight maneuver; aircraft tips laterally about its longitudinal axis (especially in turning
Verb(1) tip laterally(2) enclose with a bank(3) do business with a bank or keep an account at a bank(4) act as the banker in a game or in gambling(5) be in the banking business(6) put into a bank account(7) cover with ashes so to control the rate of burning(8) have faith or confidence in
(1) a paper bank(2) With two pawns safely in the bank , the rest should only be a matter of technique - something Svidler has in abundance.(3) The number of eggs stored in the egg bank varied within and among species but was usually lower in the temporary pond species.(4) Got any pointers on the diamond system or some good way of practicing bank shots?(5) I stood up and Jordan and I walked over to the grassy bank by the playground.(6) Beyond that, a narrower but more fertile inner plain slopes down to the bank of the Delaware River.(7) bank of earth(8) People can dispose of it in a paper bank or household recycling centres.(9) Guessing he knew best, I once again pulled power and rolled the aircraft to a 45-degree angle of bank .(10) It has been speculated that it was in this bank that the left wing hit terrain, beginning the crash sequence.(11) a bank of snow(12) Far from the island we waded through a waist deep channel of fast flowing ebb tide, then climbed onto a hard bank of rippled sand.(13) The building settles into contours, spreading out horizontally over a vast buried chamber - the seed bank itself.(14) My flickering flashlight swung across a bank of overhead stowage.(15) I bank with Alliance & Leicester, which offers travel insurance as part of its account service.(16) Here in Montreal, pretty much all the museums rent out work, and the Canadian Government actually has an art lending bank .
(1) bank account :: ifowo iroyin
(2) bank holiday :: Ojo isinmi ile ifowo pamo
(3) bank clerk :: bank akowe
(4) bank statement :: ifowo gbólóhùn
(5) bank teller :: bank ti ns
(6) bank draft :: ifowo osere
(7) investment bank :: idoko bank
(8) central bank :: aringbungbun ile ifowo
(9) data bank :: data bank
2. slope ::
3. array ::
4. financial institution ::
5. store ::
6. camber ::
7. savings bank ::
9. tilt ::
10. deposit ::
11. trust ::
bank, bankable, banked, banker, bankers, banking, banks
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Um, is this the high-IQ sperm BANK?
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 1
FYI, if you wear that into a BANK,
they will tackle you to the ground.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 9
The Iron Bank has called in
one-tenth of the crown's debts.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 4
Some at the Iron Bank
will be disappointed.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 4
we're sealing the BANK doors.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 3
English to Yoruba Dictionary: bank
Meaning and definitions of bank, translation in Yoruba language for bank with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of bank in Yoruba and in English language.
Tags for the entry "bank"
What bank means in Yoruba, bank meaning in Yoruba, bank definition, examples and pronunciation of bank in Yoruba language.